Some dishes have the perfect combination, and "Surf and Turf" is one of them. Tonight, a chef serves it up, Spanish style. Time to grab a Bite with Belkys.
1 large wild prawn 5 oz. Seminole Black Angus tenderloin (or tenderloin of your choice) 2 tsp. sautéed baby garlic and chopped parsley, reduced in white wine 2 cups portobello mushrooms 1 cup cherry tomatoes 3 oz. baby spinach 2 Tbs. olive oil 4 slices of Ibérico ham, chopped (or ham of your choice)
- Put olive oil on a hot griddle or large pan. Sear the tenderloin about a minute and a half on each side.
- Put a large wild prawn on next, and sprinkle with white wine to season. Sauté 3 to 4 minutes on each side to get it golden brown. Remove the tenderloin and set aside.
- To make the mushroom side dish, add more olive oil to a hot pan. Add portobello mushrooms and stir until they begin to reduce.
- Next, add fresh spinach and stir again. Add white wine and cherry tomatoes. Season with kosher salt and set it aside.
- At home, finish cooking the prawn and steak the way you like it, either in the oven or stove top. At Bellmónt, they finish the Surf & Turf on hot plates made of volcanic rock.
To Plate: Top the tenderloin with sea salt, garnish the prawn with parsley and garlic and top off the mushrooms and spinach with chopped Ibérico ham.